Vacancy for Sikh Administrative Assistant: Religious Worker
Sikh Administrative Assistant (Religious Worker)
Your duties will purely outreach ministration through providing detailed information about sikh religious services in line with the Sikh code of conduct to the congregation. Providing necessary assistance in organisation of various Akand Paath, Sehaj Paath, Sukhmani Sahib events, Religious festivals and programmes by Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall. The candidate is required to provide descriptive and evidential assistance to conduct Sikh marriages ceremony in light of Sikh council, United Kingdom guidelines and also provide supervision and support to the sikh congregation in Funerals by guiding them as per the norms and traditions of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Undertake any other duties in line with Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall.
- It is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Sikh by religion with vast knowledge and understanding of Sikh traditions and customs.
- Computer Literate and have a complex understanding of Microsoft office including Excel.
- Perform various administrative and/or support tasks in the operation of Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall.
- Work closely with the Executive committee board to ensure meetings and events are diarised.
- Must be capable of working independently and as a part of team.
- Should be fluent in Punjabi and English with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Full-Time (40 hours per week) including weekends
Fixed Term three years
Up to £21,000 /year
Religious Worker: 1 year
Administration: 1 year
Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall (Park Avenue and Havelock Road)
Apply in writing with supportive references and testimonials to the address below:
Harmeet Singh Gill, General Secretary
Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall
2-8 Park Avenue, Southall, Middlesex
UB1 3AG Tel: 0208 574 8901